Additional Points on the issue:
1. They are taking this like harvest season. Sad. We all need other professionals at one point and you don’t want this behavior meted out to you. Your house is on fire and the fire personnel are out there debating what additional cash they desire for their bravery. This sucks big time.
2. Nobody gets their due in this country. It’s the stage of our development. Remember that. Seeking to use a crisis to negotiate is inhuman. And there will be a price to pay. Watch it.
3. As for the politicians if you follow them you throw the life of your family away. And don't tell me I don't know what it takes to work in the health sector. Don't! One wrong does not make the second wrong right. Conscience!!
4. Check my last line about the worse case scenario. Anytime health workers are on strike I support big time. But this is not an ordinary time. We should all care about the situation not burning over us all.
5. CoS will be fought and won. Let’s wait for the peak of the crisis to pass. We will all join you in that fight. My sister is a nurse and my cousin too. So we all want the same thing.
6. They need a quiet back channel strategy to negotiate. The current open banter will only hurt the weak. They will now feel that their safety cannot be guaranteed by people who are haggling over money.
7. Let's continue to remember that a contagion like this can easily fill your hands with more dead bodies than money. Remember that and be watchful.
8. hmmm. It’s not their fault. Pastors and politicians have been projecting material possessions over service so the boundaries of what is normal is receding. Soon people will make a list of whose funeral they want to organize and charge heavily. The boundary needs to be drawn.